These awards celebrate a Canadian company whose innovation aligns with one of the following Technology Areas of Specialization – AI, Blockchain, Cloud, IoT.
Eligibility: Must be a Canadian company that has adopted and benefitted from the use of the identified technology and can demonstrate a powerful benefit from the use of identified technology. Alternately a Canadian is the founding developer of the innovative technology and demonstrates a powerful benefit for the use of the identified technology with a Canadian customer.
- Technology innovation must align with one of 4 categories: Ai, Blockchain, Cloud, IoT
- The identified technology innovation must be implemented by a Canadian company or public sector organization within Canada.
- The technology submitted demonstrates measurable improvement in one or more of the following areas (submissions need to provide data proof points):
- in lives of Canadians
- productivity in the business or public sector organization
- impacting national GDP
- drives significant socio-economic improvement
- drives improvement in human understanding of climate change or humanitarian challenges
- All nominations must have been implemented within the last two years (April 2020 through to April 2022).
- Nominations will be judged based on an organization’s ability to show measurable results and/or provide user or customer success stories or user testimonial(s) using the technology application.
- The more powerful nominations will be the ones that can provide real-world examples of where technology is successfully providing value to their organizations and driving innovation for Canada.
Accelerating Tech Adoption – Mandatory for all nominations
- Description of business problem – Briefly explain the business problem you set out to overcome including the difficulties and challenges your organization had to overcome in order to achieve your goals. (200-300 words)
- Description of technology solution’s impact directly related to the original business problem – Explain how the technology solution delivered success to against the business problem identified (maximum 200 words)
- Technology Solution Used – Explain the technology solution implemented, the role of the identified emerging technology and why it was disruptive. Judges will be placing an emphasis on innovative use vs simply implementing new technology. (maximum 300-400 words):
- Demonstrate measurable impact (key to demonstrating success) – Please provide measurable results that indicate the implementation was successful. For example, our energy consumption costs were reduced by $3.5 million, or our market penetration increased by 17 per cent. Provide as much detail as possible i.e. cost savings, increased revenue, productivity improvements etc. (300-400 words):
Additional for bonus pts – Optional
Add any additional information from the following areas to further demonstrate value (200 words):
- Customer testimonials can be submitted to support the metrics (written only)
- Diversity & Inclusion | Re-skilling | Accelerating equality in the workplace or community | Proactively addresses accessibility
- Environmental Strategy
- Economic Recovery & Resilience
- Drives improvement in human understanding of climate change or humanitarian challenges.
- Deadline to submit a nomination is August 15, 2022 – 11:59 p.m. EDT
- Ingenious and CIO 50 Awards will be co-hosted, virtually on November 30, 2022