Two new! Ingenious awards will be awarded in 2022 to celebrate individual Canadian leaders who have been significant disruptors in fostering Canada’s technological innovation to drive national or regional prosperity – Public Sector Disruptor and the Canadian Tech Hall of Fame.
Canadian Public Sector Disruptor
This award celebrates a Canadian Public Sector leader and change agent whose demonstrated leadership actions has disrupted and/or significantly changed how government at any level does business with citizens and/or corporations and has impacted national or regional prosperity through technology implementation. This award recognizes and celebrates excellence at the municipal, regional, provincial, and federal government levels.
Eligibility: This award is open to any public sector leader at any level of government (including the broader public sector). Any individual who served in a government or broader public sector organization in the last 2 years (April 2020 to April 2022) is eligible for this award.
Need to be able to demonstrate a minimum of 2 out of 4 of criteria:
- The individual led the implementation of a policy change that improves the adoption of technology and/or oversaw the implementation of technology that has significantly improved government operations, reduced red-tape, improved doing business with government or improved lives of citizens.
- Has the potential to improve national prosperity (or regional prosperity) in a measurable way.
- Has the potential to improve the lives of Canadians through technology implementation in a measurable way.
- Has the potential to improve Canadian government/broader public sector productivity through implementation of technology innovation.
- Measurable change must have taken place within the last 24 months (April 2020-April 2022). Clear metrics must be provided for consideration.
- The nominee does not need to be in the same position/role when nominated but leadership actions must have taken place in the 24-month period.
- Submissions must be nominated by someone else. Self-nominations will not be considered.
- Nominations will be judged based on the ability to show measurable results of something truly disruptive. Real change is the key.
- The more powerful nominations will be the ones that can provide real-world examples of where technology is successfully providing value and driving innovation for Canada.
Nomination Questions (300-400 words each):
- Describe the impact of policy change that improved the adoption of technology and/or technology implementation within government/broader public sector organizations or improved the lives of citizens?
- Does the technology implementation have the potential to improve national prosperity (or regional prosperity) in a measurable way? If so, how?
- With the policy change or technology implementation, how does the disruption have the potential to improve the lives of Canadians in a measurable way?
- How will the policy change or technology implementation improve Canadian government/broader public sector organizations productivity through implementation of innovation?
- Deadline to submit a nomination is August 15, 2022 – 11:59 pm EDT
- Ingenious and CIO 50 Awards will be co-hosted, virtually on November 30, 2022