TECHNATION Ingenious Award – Canadian Public Sector Disruptor
Two new! Ingenious awards will be awarded in 2022 to celebrate individual Canadian leaders who have been significant disruptors in fostering Canada’s technological innovation to drive national or regional prosperity – Public Sector Disruptor and the Canadian Tech Hall of Fame.
Canadian Public Sector Disruptor
This award celebrates a Canadian Public Sector leader and change agent whose demonstrated leadership actions has disrupted and/or significantly changed how government at any level does business with citizens and/or corporations and has impacted national or regional prosperity through technology implementation. This award recognizes and celebrates excellence at the municipal, regional, provincial, and federal government levels.
Eligibility: This award is open to any public sector leader at any level of government (including the broader public sector). Any individual who served in a government or broader public sector organization in the last 2 years (April 2020 to April 2022) is eligible for this award.
Need to be able to demonstrate a minimum of 2 out of 4 of criteria:
- The individual led the implementation of a policy change that improves the adoption of technology and/or oversaw the implementation of technology that has significantly improved government operations, reduced red-tape, improved doing business with government or improved lives of citizens.
- Has the potential to improve national prosperity (or regional prosperity) in a measurable way.
- Has the potential to improve the lives of Canadians through technology implementation in a measurable way.
- Has the potential to improve Canadian government/broader public sector productivity through implementation of technology innovation.
- Measurable change must have taken place within the last 24 months (April 2020-April 2022). Clear metrics must be provided for consideration.
- The nominee does not need to be in the same position/role when nominated but leadership actions must have taken place in the 24-month period.
- Submissions must be nominated by someone else. Self-nominations will not be considered.
- Nominations will be judged based on the ability to show measurable results of something truly disruptive. Real change is the key.
- The more powerful nominations will be the ones that can provide real-world examples of where technology is successfully providing value and driving innovation for Canada.
Nomination Questions (300-400 words each)
- Describe the impact of policy change that improved the adoption of technology and/or technology implementation within government/broader public sector organizations or improved the lives of citizens?
- Does the technology implementation have the potential to improve national prosperity (or regional prosperity) in a measurable way? If so, how?
- With the policy change or technology implementation, how does the disruption have the potential to improve the lives of Canadians in a measurable way?
- How will the policy change or technology implementation improve Canadian government/broader public sector organizations productivity through implementation of innovation?
- Deadline to submit a nomination is April 8, 2022 – 11:59 pm EDT
- Ingenious and CIO 50 Awards will be co-hosted, virtually on November 30, 2022