TECHNATION seeks full time Vice President of Future Workforce Development (FWD) & Program Operations (Ops)
Connecting Technology, Government and Community for Canada’s Future. A clear reflection of our role and mandate to our members and our nation.
TECHNATION is seeking a full-time Vice President of Future Workforce Development (FWD) & Program Operations (Ops).
TECHNATION is Canada’s national business association representing a diverse membership that is at the forefront of Canada’s digital economy. Our members include some of the largest global tech companies, but also a high number of innovate small and medium sized companies. Talent is the foundation of both Canada’s rapidly expanding ICT sector and of ICT-based innovations and capabilities in every sector of our economy.
This role is an Executive Leadership role, currently remote with the potential of becoming a hybrid role. There is an expectation that the individual in this role will be available to travel as required for face-to-face meetings, member and/or government meetings along with strategic planning.
Head Office: 5090 Explorer Drive, Suite 510, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, L4W 4T9
About the Role
The VP FWD & Program Ops drives TECHNATION Operations and Program direction with a focus on Future Workforce Development in support of Canada’s prosperity in the digital economy. A leader, strategist, and people manager, the successful candidate will help define and oversee TN operations, FWD programs, as well as manage the senior managers within the FWD team and ensure effective communication across the organization.
As a trusted advisor to the President and CEO, the VP FWD & Program Ops will ensure responsible alignment of programs and activities with TECHNATION goals and contribute to its long-term success.
Required Experience & Key Responsibilities:
- Senior level executive Leadership:
- Lead team members and manage resources to optimize team effectiveness and efficiency.
- Proven experience in leading employees working remotely across the country
- Program Operations – in depth experience leading & influencing broad national programs with a targeted results driven approach; leveraging repeatable scalable process to ensure timely delivery of program targets
- Team leadership – aligning teams with organizational objectives, offering motivation, oversight and guidance in both direct and influence leadership roles
- Work closely with colleagues across the organization to develop and support organizational policy as well streamline and optimize efficiencies
- Conduct engagement and outreach to government, academic and industry stakeholders to garner support in TECHNATION programs and activities
- Support and represent TECHNATION on various industry and multi-sector advisory committees and working groups
- Establish and manage staff sustainment and transition plans
- Ensure team and contract governance is in place, with ongoing reviews and updates occur as necessary
- In partnership with CEO:
- Overall TN strategy formulation and execution
- Define & execute FWD long term sustainment strategy in support of overall TN strategy.
- Create and maintain a vision, identifying concrete, achievable FWD objectives to support Canadian digital workforce transformation and TECHNATION goals
- Program Leadership
- Minimum 5 years experience with large ‘program direction’; ability to manage and oversee multiple programs simultaneously
- Support CEO in cross-functional program direction and program operations
- Ensure FWD programming supports TECHNATION operational / financial objectives
- Manage federally funded FWD projects/agreements and ensure all projects are on time and within budget.
- Oversee and manage multiple contracts and monitor delivery of products and services assuring contract (government funding) obligations are met
- Oversee the definition, creation, and submission of funding proposals
- Plan, manage and coordinate with FWD events leveraging the events team and contracted resources
- Leverage professional network to engage and marshal support for desired outcomes
- Lead FWD advisory and working group meetings
- Federal Govt/Govt stakeholder experience
- Proven excellence in oral and written communications for:
- outward facing members and partners
- executive and senior government level briefings, proposals, round-table leadership, white paper development
- Experience working with / briefing senior level government leadership (DM and ADM level)
- Operationalize TN Board & Stakeholder presentations to integrate Program Leader objectives, results & impact
- Senior Leadership team (SVP and VP level) and Directors
- Future Workforce Development senior managers
- Workforce development key stakeholders in government, academia and industry
- TECHNATION members and key stakeholders
- Federal and provincial government partners and stakeholders
- Master’s Degree or equivalent level of education
- Influence and collaboration across multi-sector groups
- Proven experience and track record of managing outcomes-oriented roundtables / councils
- Team & Operations Leadership
- Proven ability to bring out the best in team players while balancing demanding programs
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively at all levels
- Strong relationship management skills with evidence of executive level communications and engagements
- Self-starter and evidence of strong leadership in fast-paced settings
- Outcomes/results driven
- This is an action-oriented results driven organization supporting the fastest growing sector in the world! The VP FWD & Program Ops must have experience defining projected outcomes and key performance indicators.
- Excellence in program and project management including managing multi-million dollar budget
- Experience in contract management including an understanding of federal (or other government) procurement regulations
- Strong data analysis and project reporting skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Consulting experience
- Bilingual – English / French
What we Offer
TECHNATION is a dynamic and engaging organization with a dynamic team. We manage and lead national events, speaking forums, and educational programs that impact businesses across the country. If you like being involved in leading-edge programs that are going to impact our nation, then TECHNATION is for you!
- Competitive salary and benefit package; and
- Paid vacations and holidays.
We are committed to diversity in its workplaces and encourage applications from all visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities among other self-identified diverse groups. We also provide accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us.
To apply, please submit a cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 13, 2021