Career Opportunity: VP, Future Workforce Development, TECHNATION
Connecting Technology, Government and Community for Canada’s Future. A clear reflection of our role and mandate to our members and our nation.
TECHNATION (formerly Information Technology Association of Canada (ITAC)) is seeking a full-time Vice President of Future Workforce Development (VP FWD).
TECHNATION is Canada’s national business association representing a diverse membership that is at the forefront of Canada’s digital economy. Our members include some of the largest global tech companies, but also a high number of innovate small and medium sized companies. Talent is the foundation of both Canada’s rapidly expanding ICT sector and of ICT-based innovations and capabilities in every sector of our economy.
5090 Explorer Drive, Suite 510, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, L4W 4T9
About the Role
The VP FWD drives TECHNATION programs and activities that support the generation and sustainment of the national workforce to support Canada’s prosperity in the digital economy. A leader, strategist, and manager, the successful candidate will help define and oversee FWD programs, manage the senior managers within the FWD team and ensure effective communication within the team.
As a trusted advisor to the President and CEO, the VP FWD will ensure responsible alignment of programs and activities with TECHNATION goals and contribute to the long-term success.
- Assist CEO in strategy formulation and execution and how FWD programs and activities support that strategy.
- Create and maintain a vision, identifying concrete, achievable FWD objectives to support Canadian digital workforce transformation and TECHNATION goals.
- Manage federally funded FWD projects/agreements all projects are on time and within budget.
- Oversee and manage multiple contracts and monitor delivery of products and services assuring contract obligations are met
- Ensure FWD programming supports TN operational / financial objectives.
- Lead team members and manage resources to optimize team effectiveness and efficiency.
- Executive leadership, People management, offering motivation, oversight and guidance for up to 20 employees spanning various levels up to and including Program Directors
- Work closely with other VPs, and Directors of Finance, HR, Membership, Events, and Communications and HR directors to support organizational policy and policy development and improvements to streamline and optimize efficiencies
- Excellence in oral and written communications at an executive level for outward facing members and partners
- Plan, manage and coordinate with FWD events leveraging team, FWD and contracted resources
- Leverage their professional network to engage and marshal support for desired outcomes
- Lead FWD advisory and working group meetings
- Conduct engagement and outreach to federal, academic and industry stakeholders to garner support in TECHNATION programs and activities
- Support and represent TECHNATION on various industry and multi-sector advisory committees and working groups
- Senior Leadership team and Directors
- FWD senior managers
- Workforce development key stakeholders in government, academia and industry
- TECHNATION members and key stakeholders
- 10+ years experience leading teams to executive on aggressive objectives and in dynamic settings
- Bachelors or equivalent level of education, training and experience in a field related to workforce development (adult education and learning, social development and community service, career counselling, etc.)
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively at all levels
- Self-driven and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and relationship management skills with evidence of executive level communications and engagements
- Experience in program and project management including managing multi-million dollar budgets
- Experience in procurement and contract management including an understanding of federal procurement regulations
- Strong data analysis and project reporting skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Consulting experience
- Bilingual – English / French
What we Offer
TECHNATION is a dynamic and engaging organization with a dynamic team. We manage and lead national events, speaking forums, and educational programs that impact businesses across the country. If you like being involved in leading-edge programs that are going to impact our nation, then TECHNATION is for you! We offer:
- Competitive salary and benefit package; and
- Paid vacations and holidays.
We are committed to diversity in its workplaces and encourage applications from all visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities among other self-identified diverse groups. We also provide accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us. To learn more visit https://technationcanada.ca/en/
To apply, please submit a cover letter with resume by February 5, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org