We’re looking to help students find the right tech career for them with the help of our resources.
We’re thrilled to have you consider being a part of the Career Ready Program, by TECHNATION. We’re a national not-for-profit organization trying to address the talent gap in Canada’s tech sector. This program is funded by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program (SWPP).
Here’s what we offer for students:
- More job opportunities – we fund your work placement, creating more student positions in the ecosystem for you and your peers.
- More salary for you – many employers report being able to increase the hourly student wage with our financial support.
- Competitive advantage – next time you’re in the market for a job, let the interviewers know you’re eligible for a wage subsidy, or put it in your cover letter to stand out!
- Exclusive access to events and training – we run weekly entrepreneurship workshops, and many other interactive events and challenges (hackathons) for our Career Ready students.
Your employer will start the application process and invite you to participate via email to complete the student form – shouldn’t take more than 5 – 10 minutes of your time.
Do I qualify?
- Either a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or a protected person defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Must be currently registered as a student in an accredited post-secondary institution program
- Can’t be international student, even with a work permit
- The student cannot be an immediate family member of the employer
You can be from any academic background – as long as you’re interested in a tech-immersive work-integrated learning experience.We accept coop and non-coop students, meaning internships and summer jobs are eligible work placements too.
What do I need going in?
- Proof of registration in a Canadian post-secondary institution (unofficial transcript is suffice)
- Proof of citizenship or residency (letter from campus confirming your citizenship, provincial health services card, birth certificate, passport, permanent residency card, etc.) – this program is not available to international students
- An updated resume
How is my privacy safeguarded?
- The information you provide is administered in accordance with the Privacy Act and the Department of Employment and Social Development Canada Act, and you have a right under the Access to Information Act to obtain access to that information from the Government of Canada. TECHNATION follows PIPEDA and CASL legislation, both introduced within the last few years and it governs how we store and use your data responsibly.
- The information you provide when entered into our application portal is also administered in accordance with the Privacy Act, and you have a right under the Access to Information Act to obtain access to that information. Survey Monkey is liable for any breech that might occur. Information is stored in Canada only.