Find the right employees for your available tech roles with our resources.
An eligible employer must be willing to employ a student in a tech-immersive role. Tech and non-tech focused organizations are encouraged to apply.
Employer Eligibility Assessment
- You are a registered Canadian business or organization.
- You are not a federal or provincial government group.
- You have the financial capacity to hire a student for a part of full-time work term, pay them consistently and provide a meaningful work experience.
Resources for employers:
Canada needs skilled talent with practical experience to support leadership in the digital economy. We engage in multi-stakeholder partnerships and works collaboratively to create quality WIL opportunities for young Canadians and to better align work-ready skills development to ensure that students are better positioned to secure meaningful employment opportunities across all tech enabled disciplines.
Our Career Ready program is anticipated to grow to include:
- Opportunities for students to gain the skills and capabilities they need to thrive in ICT WIL placements.
- Employer readiness activities that will provide learning opportunities and guidance to help businesses prepare for and provide students with a rewarding WIL experience.
- Additional support and guidance for small and medium business who may not know what type of placement would best suit their goals or how to get the most out of the WIL experience.
- Development of a platform to help deliver on the above requirements.
In addition, we will collect data and provide insights on:
- How it can improve the WIL experience for both students and employers;
- Alignment of educational and training programs to industry roles; and
- Industry recruiting practices and trends.